Joy (Lex)

We leave for tour in just a few days, and there have been many things that have occurred leading up to it. You see, whenever we get ready to leave for a Tour, I pray expectantly. I pray for the students we'll meet, the friendships we'll develop, and the lives that I hope to see changed and transformed. It's funny, because it's always the week RIGHT before we leave that life gets shaken up a little more than usual. Things go wrong, plans change, and people tend to get a little overwhelmed and stressed. In previous tours, I would let a lot of things get to me right before we left. I always wanted everything to be perfect leading up to the departure! As time has gone on, and I have experienced more of these times, the Lord has shown me many things. The enemy is at work trying to ruin our plans and make us become discouraged. He knows that God has many things in store for this tour, and it makes him tremble just knowing that lives are going to be transformed, and the Lord's Kingdom advanced!

A week ago, life started getting a bit more crazy. There were many things in my own personal life going on, and things just in general were not going as planned. My week filled up fast, and I knew that it was most likely going to be a bit overwhelming. I spent some time in prayer, and seeking Him out and His plans for this week. If this all happened a year ago, I would be a complete wreck right now. I would be cranky, uneasy, and definitely stressed. It's amazing, though, in just this past week of craziness, God has granted me this sense of peace and patience! Even through the things going wrong, people treating me poorly, and just chaos, He has remained faithful and has shown me a small glimpse of the bigger picture! I have been completely filled with joy, through it all! An unexplainable joy. Things that would make me a little cranky before, have not bothered me! He is continually reminding me different things. When someone cuts me off while I'm driving, He says, "Calm yourself. You have bigger things to focus on.", or when something goes wrong in life, He says, "Just trust Me. I've got it all under control." It's amazing how our God works, huh? :)

The enemy has been defeated, and my God has WON!

We'll be touring out to California and back, with stops on the way there and also on the way back. Check out our Facebook "Events" page to see if we're coming to a town near you! Please keep us in your prayers as we travel, and as we encounter new fans and friends. We have been given these gifts and talents for a reason, and that's to glorify our Lord and let Him use us to advance His Kingdom!

-Lex

2 comments:

  1. hay hows you both hope your well. please come to uk soon wanna see you so badly. oh one more thing lex i love u love rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. we definitely find ourselves having to overcome obstacles and hardships a lot when doing things that impact this world for Christ. Good luck on the tour guys! =)

    ReplyDelete